Apollo Animal Hospital is proud to serve the Surrey, BC area for everything pet-related. Our veterinary clinic and animal hospital is run by Dr. Renu Sood, who is a licensed, experienced Surrey veterinarian.
Our team is committed to educating our clients on how to keep your pets healthy year round, with good nutrition and exercise. Apollo Animal Hospital stays on top of the latest advances in veterinary technology and above all, remembers that all animals and pets need to be treated with loving care in every check-up, procedure, or surgery.
Apollo Animal Hospital is a full-service animal hospital and welcomes both emergency treatment cases as well as pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, and dental care. Dr. Renu Sood has years of experience treating serious conditions and offering regular pet wellness care. Beyond first-rate pet care, we make our clinic comfortable, kid-friendly, and calm, so your pet can relax in the waiting room and look forward to meeting our Surrey veterinarian.
We are happy to offer a number of resources that enable you to learn about how to take better care of your pets. Please feel free to browse our site, particularly the informational articles. The best veterinary care for animals is ongoing nutrition and problem prevention, so becoming knowledgeable about preventative pet care is essential to the ongoing success of your animal’s health. If you have any questions, call (604) 372-4411 or email us and we'll promptly get back to you. Our Surrey veterinary office is very easy to get to -- just check out the map below! We also welcome you to subscribe to our newsletter, which is created especially for Surrey pet owners.
At Apollo Animal Hospital, we treat your pets like the valued family members they are.
Dr Renu Sood and Her Team
Education and Professional Memberships
- Member of The College of Veterinarians of British Columbia (CVBC), Canada (2012)
- Member with CVMA (Canadian Veterinary Medicine Association) and AVMA (American Veterinary Medicine Association) (2012)
- Master of Science (Poultry Science), University of British Columbia (2009)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry, Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalia (1991)
- Certificate in Management for Woman Functionaries, National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management, Shimla, India (2005)
- Certificate of Competence in Andropological Aspects of Bull Breeding Soundness, Central Frozen Semen Production and Training Institute, Hesserghatta, India (2002)
- Owner and lead Veterinarian of Apollo Animal Hospital in Surrey (2013 to present)
- Poultry Supervisor (UBC), Veterinarian Assistant, Veterinarian Practitioner with local Vets (2009 – 2012)
- Research Assistant with Animal Science at UBC in collaboration with AAFC while completing MSc in Animal Science (2006 – 2008)
- Director, Regional Bull Centre, Palampur, India: bovine artificial insemination, milk yield improvement, & herd management (2001 – 2005)
- Veterinary Officer, Veterinary Hospitals at Thural and Barotiwala, India: n bovine reproduction and artificial insemination (1998 – 2001)
- Dispensary Manager, Solan, India: training Veterinary Pharmacists (1996 – 1998)
- Veterinary Officer, Shimla, India: bovine nutrition and improvement of wool yield (1992 – 1996)
Dr. Renu Sood’s Professional Research Papers
* R.Singh was Dr Renu Sood’s name at the time of the studies