Dr Renu Sood and Her Team
Education and Professional Memberships
- Member of The College of Veterinarians of British Columbia (CVBC), Canada (2012)
- Member with CVMA (Canadian Veterinary Medicine Association) and AVMA (American Veterinary Medicine Association) (2012)
- Master of Science (Poultry Science), University of British Columbia (2009)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry, Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalia (1991)
- Certificate in Management for Woman Functionaries, National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management, Shimla, India (2005)
- Certificate of Competence in Andropological Aspects of Bull Breeding Soundness, Central Frozen Semen Production and Training Institute, Hesserghatta, India (2002)
- Owner and lead Veterinarian of Apollo Animal Hospital in Surrey (2013 to present)
- Poultry Supervisor (UBC), Veterinarian Assistant, Veterinarian Practitioner with local Vets (2009 – 2012)
- Research Assistant with Animal Science at UBC in collaboration with AAFC while completing MSc in Animal Science (2006 – 2008)
- Director, Regional Bull Centre, Palampur, India: bovine artificial insemination, milk yield improvement, & herd management (2001 – 2005)
- Veterinary Officer, Veterinary Hospitals at Thural and Barotiwala, India: n bovine reproduction and artificial insemination (1998 – 2001)
- Dispensary Manager, Solan, India: training Veterinary Pharmacists (1996 – 1998)
- Veterinary Officer, Shimla, India: bovine nutrition and improvement of wool yield (1992 – 1996)
Jaspreet ( Jass)
Jass is our hospital manager. She started with Apollo two years ago and has been an essential part of our team. Starting as our Receptionist/Vet Assitant, she continued to grow in the hospital and is now recognized as our Hospital Manager. She came to us with three previous years of experience , after graduating from Kwantlen Polytechnic University in Business studies . Jass enjoys and excels at providing great client/patient care; always answering clients’/staff questions or finding the answer for them if she can’t. On her off days She can be found with her husband enjoying beauty of British Columbia, and an outdoor activities such as biking, walking, hiking and camping.
Ismat is our veterinary/ Medical Administrative Assistant. She has a post gradutae certificate in global businees management. She always wanted to work with a team environment as well as individually. She had pets all her life. She is fluent in English, Hindi, punajbi and also basic French. When not at work Ismat loves to spend time with her great dane, Ginger.
Melanie Mullin is our Veterinary assistant/Receptionist and has always had a passion for animals. From an early age she began attending Webb’s Holiday Ranch to feed, ride, and learn about horses. From then on, she loved surrounding herself with furry friends as much as she could. In 2014, she began volunteering at C.A.R.E.S. cat shelter to tend to the needs of homeless felines on weekends. She took her love for animals to Apollo Animal Hospital where Dr. Renu has given her the opportunity to widen her knowledge on what she enjoys most. When Melanie isn’t working or having some down time, she enjoys playing softball as she has for 15 years and counting.
Savanna is our Veterinary assistant/Receptionist who is one of the newer members of the team. The pull to working with animals was just too strong and she started at Apollo Animal Hospital in Dec 2016. Savanna shares her home with two cute felines. She is very passionate and has grown up with a love for animals. She have at least 3 years previous experience working with animals at Mutt’s On Main Grooming salon in Osoyoos.
Dr. Renu Sood’s Professional Research Papers
* R.Singh was Dr Renu Sood’s name at the time of the studies