Apollo Animal Hospital Diagnostic and Testing Services
At Apollo Animal Hospital we dedicated to providing state of the veterinary diagnostic services and testing services for your pets. When you are concerned about your pets we want to give you the answers you seek in an efficient and expedient manner. This is why we do on site blood testing and x-rays.
- Get a thorough history from the owner
- Questions: pet eating and drinking? Vomiting? Diarrhea? Coughing? Et cetera.
- Physical examination is performed (eyes, ears, skin, cardiovascular, neurological, gastrointestinal and skeletal system are examined for any abnormalities)
- Possible tests: Blood tests (proper functioning of your pet’s kidneys, liver, pancreas, and endocrine system), urine and/or fecal tests, possible diagnostic tests such as radiography (X-rays), endoscopy (internal scoping), ultrasound or surgery.
On Site Digital X-Rays:
- Digital Imaging at its best!
- High resolution CCD sensor with image preview in only 3 seconds.
- High frequency generator with anatomical programming 400 mA, 125 kVp, enhances digital image by reducing exposure time.
- A robust welded construction table base with stainless steel bearings for smooth movement.
- CCD digital receptor is coupled with the tubestand so that the beam is centered and can be disengaged for angled views.
- Choice of stationary two-way or four-way float top table further optimizes positioning of the patient in the imaging path.
- Waterproof rubberized keyboard eliminates difficult cleaning.
On Site Blood Testing:
Apollo Animal Hospital has invested in the state of the art IDEXX Lasercyte Dx system to ensure you and your pets get blood test results within minutes of taking a sample. By doing blood testing this way you to have the answers quickly and efficiently.
Blood tests can be performed as necessary to assess the proper functioning of your pet’s kidneys, liver, pancreas, and endocrine system including the thyroid gland and adrenal glands.
Pet Urine Analysis:
- Assess the proper functioning of your pet’s kidneys, liver, pancreas, and endocrine system including the thyroid gland and adrenal glands.
Pet Fecal Analysis:
- Yearly fecal analysis is important to detect things within your pet’s gastrointestinal tract
- it enable us to determine if your pet has intestinal parasites such as roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, coccidia and giardia.
- the only way to detect the presence of intestinal parasites and identify them is by doing a fecal analysis